Sunday, September 22, 2013

Jump into Crafting



My favorite season is, without a doubt, fall. I love to see the leaves change to their brilliant colors. I love the sound of the crunch beneath my feet. I love warm, breezy days and cool nights.




Here’s my “nephew” jumping off the sidewalk in front of my apartment. He loves to be outside whatever the season!






Fall is a wonderful start to a craft-full season. Autumn decorations, Halloween costumes, Thanksgiving foods, paper snowflakes and other Christmas trimmings are all perfect opportunities for creativity!
This year I decided to make a wreath; did you see it (above) hanging on the door? Here’s a close up:
I absolutely love the way it looks!
I got the idea while browsing “DIY” on Pinterest; and found one on Etsy for $35. But it didn't cost that much to make mine - $5 for the grape-vine wreath, $8 for the sunflower (I found others a bit cheaper, but liked this one best), $3 for the ivory “bead” string, and around $6 for a roll of 2” wide burlap - I bought all on sale and/or with coupons and have leftovers. I started out attempting to make burlap flowers, but I have a short supply of patience and after just two I didn't want to make any more… 
So, if you like to save time, buying it on Etsy is a nice option:
SALE Rustic Rancher Wreath Pre-Order
(Rustic Rancher Wreath by The Creative Gypsy)

No comments:

Post a Comment