Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Coffee, Mochas, & Lattes





What better way to start out a crisp fall morning that with a delicious, frothy, hot latte? I can’t think of much else; and this owl mug tops it!





Yes, I am a part of the current owl trend; although, I have to say, I started my owl collection a while before you could find something in every store. I found this fantastic mug at my local salvation army and couldn’t pass it up!



It wasn't until my senior year of college that I started drinking coffee. Growing up, I was used to the smell due to the routine pot my parents brewed in the mornings; but I had never cared for the taste. That senior year - when I had to be up around 4:30am to get ready for student teaching >_<  - I decided I'd need something more than a shower to wake me up. My roommate got me hooked with a lot of french vanilla creamer. 
Then I started branching out to the mochas and cappuccinos and lattes - oh, the delight! Tim Hortons! Starbucks! Wegmans! (Sadly, I have never been impressed with Dunkin' Donuts. I say sadly because where I live that is the closest drive-thru.)
My bank account, however, wasn't as delighted... So, after a while, I started experimenting at home to try to copy the delicious frothiness. I heated the milk on the stove and used egg beaters to make it frothy; and it was pretty good. And then, last Christmas, my sister gifted me something wonderful:
Now, perfectly steamed and frothy milk every time!
It's gotten a lot of use on the chilly mornings that I don't have to rush off to work. I haven't bought the fancy flavor syrups, yet, I just mix creamer and milk together for a sweeter taste. I cannot wait for eggnog to be out so I can make my favorite eggnog latte!


No comments:

Post a Comment