Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Winter Wreath

Every December, I like to cut down a real evergreen tree for Christmas. It's a family tradition from my childhood; although, I remember there being a lot more snow than we have lately.

This year, I wanted to try my skill at making a wreath from the boughs cut off the bottom of the tree. I had a pretty full bag of cinnamon pine cones (that I bought last year and have since lost their scent) that I knew I wanted to incorporate; as well as some burlap ribbon. I found the flat wreath base that I wanted at Michael's - I was surprised my JoAnn's doesn't carry this item, only fat foam ones. I wanted the flat wooden one so that I could glue the pine cones on, rather than try to use floral wire or pins. I did use floral wire to hold the boughs on.
It didn't turn out quite as I had pictured, but it's pretty close. I just switched out my fall wreath and I'm ready for the holidays; or at least my front door is.


No comments:

Post a Comment