Sunday, December 22, 2013

Baby Blanket


Oh! I'm very excited to finally be able to share this one! 


I made a baby blanket for a friend last month and I finally gave it to her. I've been waiting to post it, just in case; I didn't want her to see it ahead of time. She's due in January with her first - a baby boy - and she picked out a little deer nursery theme with these colors.
After opening the blanket, she was in awe that the colors were a perfect match. But of course they were - I looked up the crib set and matched it purposely. :)





This is the first "quilt" I have ever attempted. It wasn't anything too crazy - I cut blocks of the different colors to get the stripes around the sides and did all brown for the back. This one is about a 30 inch square.

And to go with it, I also made a little blanket about 16 sq. in.
I love the colors in this one! (So far, these two prints are the only ones I've seen with deer on it.)
My friend also loved the fox on it because she said that they got the baby a little snuggle-buddy (the stuffed animal with a blanket attached) that is a fox!

I think that these blankets turned out perfectly for her new nursery. I can't wait to see pictures when she finally has it all set up!
And, of course, I can't wait to meet the little guy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment