Thursday, July 3, 2014

Homemade Fruit "Tart"

Need an easy dessert that looks and tastes like summer? This is a treat that is light and perfect for these hot days!

It's certainly not a recipe I thought of on my own - I'm not sure there's even an exact name for it - but here's what you'll need...
     instant vanilla pudding mix (or already made vanilla pudding!)
     cool whip
     nilla wafers
     your choice of fillings!
            (I recommend lots of fresh fruit: berries, kiwi, bananas, etc.; chocolate chips would be tasty too.)

Doesn't it look delicious?

Fold the pudding and cool whip together (about 50:50) to create a nice, light, fluffy mix. Then layer the ingredients. I like to start the bottom layer with wafers, then the pudding mix, fruit, more pudding mix (depending on the depth of your container you could do several layers), top it off with crushed wafers and sliced strawberries, or maybe chocolate chips if you have them!
Didn't I say easy? It's ready to eat! Enjoy and stay cool!

Do you have a name for this recipe?
Maybe for the holiday, you could create a "flag" top with blueberries and strawberries! Happy 4th of July!


No comments:

Post a Comment